Out Of Character (OOC) Thread

For open role playing, quests, and OOC posts.

Moderators: Roleplay Masters, Game Masters

Diethe
Veteran Officer
Kingdom: Other

Re: Out Of Character (OOC) Thread

Post by Diethe »

For real, younger people missed out on SimRTK and Heroes of Ivalice. I think there only some niche forum roleplay left like Dragon Age or Dragon Ball or Naruto
Gao Ang (31) Lowly Knight of the Gentry
Stats:
Skills:

Coming in v6
Bei Tianmeng
Veteran Officer

Post by Bei Tianmeng »

Ah, I miss Heroes of Ivalice too. These were definitely some good role playing days, plus just the communities in general. I don’t know if the younger kids even have the attention span for stuff like these forums anymore! Ah well, I can’t keep up with their lingo anyway and would end up in diplomatic emergencies due to differences in word meanings or something!
Roshi
Immortal Lecher
Kingdom: ???

Post by Roshi »

Bei Tianmeng wrote: 21 Jan 2023, 12:46 Ah, I miss Heroes of Ivalice too. These were definitely some good role playing days, plus just the communities in general. I don’t know if the younger kids even have the attention span for stuff like these forums anymore! Ah well, I can’t keep up with their lingo anyway and would end up in diplomatic emergencies due to differences in word meanings or something!
Sounds like fun to me! Who doesn't like a good diplomatic emergency?
Ma Nemo (99) 42-38-78*-83*-92*
Administration(e), Cunning, Logistics, Riot, Tactician, Zeal
Prefect of the Imperial Secretariat (+50%)
Shizumi Sayota
Experienced Officer
Kingdom: ....back?

Post by Shizumi Sayota »

I typed the URL in on a whim in my bout of insomnia and it exists, again! Love you guys.

Edit: Any of you manage to write a book yet? All the role playing that was done here over the years. Plus the multitude of other forums.
Roshi
Immortal Lecher

Post by Roshi »

Shizumi Sayota wrote: 22 Jan 2023, 07:49 I typed the URL in on a whim in my bout of insomnia and it exists, again! Love you guys.

Edit: Any of you manage to write a book yet? All the role playing that was done here over the years. Plus the multitude of other forums.
Books are for reading, not writing!
Bei Tianmeng
Veteran Officer

Post by Bei Tianmeng »

No truer words have ever been written… or in this context should it be read? I guess as long as it’s not a book it’s still safe to write it then.
Junts
Ely's Boy Toy
Kingdom: Mine!

Post by Junts »

Diethe wrote: 21 Jan 2023, 09:46 For real, younger people missed out on SimRTK and Heroes of Ivalice. I think there only some niche forum roleplay left like Dragon Age or Dragon Ball or Naruto
lol I was just thinking about HoI recently and how impossible of a project that was
The extraordinarily ancient Liu Cao of ages past.
<Elysia> I am the simRTK MILF
mercurian262144
Ranking Officer
Kingdom: Nothingness

Post by mercurian262144 »

Diethe wrote: 21 Jan 2023, 09:46 For real, younger people missed out on SimRTK and Heroes of Ivalice. I think there only some niche forum roleplay left like Dragon Age or Dragon Ball or Naruto
Yeah, and even those might have been declining as well. Currently roleplaying in another site, and the only people currently remaining there are mostly old-timers.
V6 pregame (Simzhou):

Jiǎ Yuánkūn (賈元錕) zi Yuànshēng (愿聲), Redeemer of the Jia Clan (15), 20-80-70-60-80, Artisan, Craftsman, Duelist, Medic, Weaponmaster(e)

V5: Jiang Lianghua zi Binglong (冰龙)
Ranbir
♪ Ohh... the wonderful thing about Ranbirs, is Ranbirs are wonderful things! ♪♪
Kingdom: Team Ranbir

Post by Ranbir »

Make it smaller.
Whenever righteousness declines and unrighteousness increases I make myself a body; In every age I come back, to deliver the holy, to destroy the sin of the sinner, to establish righteousness.

Cai
Officer With Many Posts

Post by Cai »

Agreed. While fun audience hall visits are some of what I remember the most (which to be fair I don't remember most since I am now old), I don't know how many people we could get to run entire multiple kingdoms again.
Huangfu Cai, 17, Male
76-94*-50-36-56
Skills: Duelist, Loyalty, Raid (e), Stealth, Valor
PM me for my attention.
Diethe
Veteran Officer

Post by Diethe »

Junts wrote: 23 Jan 2023, 05:29
lol I was just thinking about HoI recently and how impossible of a project that was
Still have all the files and world building from a very barebones v4 we were planning with Ilium and Blizzy, lol
Stats:
Skills:

Coming in v6
Xiahou Mao
Don't Cross The Boss
Don't Cross The Boss

Post by Xiahou Mao »

Kablizzy and Halima set up a Discord server to try to develop HoI some more, though it's gone pretty inactive, been two months since the last message there.
Xiahou Mao - True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Roshi
Immortal Lecher

Post by Roshi »

Cai wrote: 23 Jan 2023, 18:07 Agreed. While fun audience hall visits are some of what I remember the most (which to be fair I don't remember most since I am now old), I don't know how many people we could get to run entire multiple kingdoms again.
It's fine, we'll put each player in charge of a kingdom and fill out all the officers and RP with AIs :D
Bei Tianmeng
Veteran Officer

Post by Bei Tianmeng »

That’s crazy enough it just might work. Probably more complete, competent and consistent RP than what I remember at times!
Diethe
Veteran Officer

Post by Diethe »

Wonder if having 2-3 player kingdoms and maybe 1-2 GMNPC kingdoms like the old Imperial factions from before while the rest we fill out with non joinable but beatable NPC kingdoms could work, too.
Stats:
Skills:

Coming in v6