SimRTK Announcements - Game & Forum Issues

Moderators: Game Masters, Roleplay Masters

Postby Lady Kerrington » 28 Feb 2005, 23:59

The rules for #simrtk have been revised, stated in clearer terms, and updated for a few points that hadn't yet made it in the rules. You can view the updated rules in the same place the old rules have been, <a href="http://simrtk.net/viewtopic.php?p=45076#45076">right here</a>.
i'll feel bitter twice -- once for the journey
and once for missing you
Lady Kerrington
&#26263;&#31661;

Postby Lady Kerrington » 03 Mar 2005, 18:30

Everyone, please welcome Gan Ning 27 to our staff of Über-Slaves... that is, as an administrator. Prepare for the beatings of Mongo! :banstick:
and once for missing you
Lady Kerrington
&#26263;&#31661;

Postby Lady Kerrington » 07 Mar 2005, 21:50

I'm pleased to announce the list of the staff for next game! There may still be some minor adjustments/additions made, but now you don't have to wonder why so-and-so has a title under their name now. Listed in no particular order, and again, this list may be subject to minor changes!

This doesn't mean we won't ever accept any more new staff, but this is our general group until the newbies all get whipped into shape.

Roleplay Masters
Jia Gai
Luo Zhang
SYL
Thief
The Gord
Griffinmore
Rabid Chipmunk
SimpleMinded
Zhang Ji
Wolfsheart

Game Masters
Taishi Guang
Shi Zhi Mi
Inhuman
Ranbir
Kairo
nrh
Junts
ValantRapitor
Yanny Qing

Administrators
Xiahou Mao
Lady Kerrington
Harimau
Zhai Rong
Gan Ning 27
Lord Davion
Xian Zhu Xuande (Site Admin)
and once for missing you
Lady Kerrington
&#26263;&#31661;

Postby Harimau » 12 Mar 2005, 01:05

I don't know why i even need to say this... But please remember that any rules or drafts or anything of the sort that are created by the staff of the SimRTK (Whatever level they are) are the intellectual property of the group itself. Any copying of those systems without the express and written permission of SimRTK amounts to plagiarism, however small. Even if you think you've only derived "Inspiration" from here, still copying them doesn't really give you any justification.

There are a few sites that just popped up that seems to have conveniently forgotten this. I'll give them a day to start deleting the stuff they've copied, before we start serving the formal notices and banning all the staff at the copycat sims. Some of them are made by active members of this site as well, so i'm sure you'll relish being humiliated publicly.

~Harimau
Current Motto: Festina Lente
Current Status: Retired
Harimau
Perpetually Ignored

Postby Black Mage » 15 Mar 2005, 22:11

I can't believe I'm having to make this announcement, but here goes.

Now, this does not mean two people can't use the same avatars. That happens, no one cares, ect. However, when someone has a custom made avatar and you take the link for it and use it for yourself without their permission, that's avatar and bandwith theft. The punishment for this is left up to the admins, but usually falls under losing avatar privilages for a very long time.

You know who you are. I suggest you fix this situation, pronto.
Black Mage
This Title Is Approved By Xian Zhu Xuande

Kingdom: Vagabond

Postby Harimau » 22 Mar 2005, 21:14

To my typical spammyness, i just had to make another post of this.

SYL is now a Game Master as well, so please don't torture him too much. ;)
Harimau
Perpetually Ignored

Postby Harimau » 29 Mar 2005, 10:20

No, this is not about rulers and whatnots. Although, if you're curious, we're making good progress on the thing.

Anyway, on to the real subject of this post. Avatars... Some of them are a bit too big. Yes, they have to be smaller than or equal to 64x80 pixels (Width by Height), and be smaller than 6kb in size. I've noticed (Thanks to someone who pointed it out) that a lot of you have avatars that are significantly bigger in size (That is, in kb) than what is prescribed for the forum.

Please just do a quick five second check on your own avatar, and make sure that its within the size. If its not, please change it to something that is. Thankies.

~Harimau
Harimau
Perpetually Ignored

Postby Lady Kerrington » 01 Apr 2005, 01:26

Important: The SimRTK Forum Rules have been updated and can be viewed <a href="/viewtopic.php?t=6173">here</a>.

All members are expected to read these revised rules. While there is no new content - everything is as it was before in terms for rules, guidelines, and expectations - a major revision has been done to make all of these clear to the player and in an easily accessible place (rather than scattered among announcements). It is my hope that the revised rules will better facilitate player-staff relations and communications.

We want the players to know the entire scope of the rules, and we want them to be clear and easily understandable. If you need any of these rules clarified, please ask in the Game Rules and Questions thread, and we will explain to the best of our ability (and revise the rules again if necessary).
and once for missing you
Lady Kerrington
&#26263;&#31661;

Postby Harimau » 03 Apr 2005, 05:44

Shan Shan is now also a Roleplay Master. Be nice to him. ;)

To those of you in the know, he got transferred to the head office.
Harimau
Perpetually Ignored

Postby Harimau » 04 Apr 2005, 01:52

Please cease PMing me about inane questions that can be asked in the Game Rules Questions Thread. I do not enjoy having to spend a few hours in the morning replying to people, or having un-replied PMs deleted by new ones. If you have a general game question, ask in the Game Rules Questions Thread. If it is something sensitive, ask in the Admin Communications Thread. I've disabled my own Private Messages Inbox to give me some time to catch up to them. Thanks.
Harimau
Perpetually Ignored

Postby Lady Kerrington » 05 Apr 2005, 22:39

IP Sharing

Many of you have been told when signing up your character to email us about IP Sharing as listed in the forum rules. So far, this process has gone pretty well, however I have noticed a few problems. It is best to correct these now, because all IP Sharers need to email us by Friday.

First of all, use the format given in the Forum Rules. That is, again, <a href="http://simrtk.net/viewtopic.php?p=469234#469234">right here.</a> If you do not use this format, I will email you back and tell you to do it right. Those who do not do this process right will not be approved.

Second, all IP Sharers must send an email. We will not confirm you if all parties involved do not contact us.

Finally, don't panic. Some of you share IPs unwittingly, because of your ISP (Internet Service Provider). Rest assured that we take a look at each situation carefully to make sure we're not wrongly accusing people of having multiple accounts. Those of you who happen to share IPs simply because of your ISP will not be in any sort of trouble; you will quietly be confirmed with the others who do share IPs legally.

Once the deadline you were given is past, I will be contacting those members who have not completed the IP Sharing process to give them a brief chance to respond before any further action is taken. If your sharing is not confirmed, your character will be suspended. Characters created after this deadline must confirm their IP Sharing before being rolled. Simply, if you can't confirm why there are multiple accounts under a single IP address, you can't keep a character here.

Please also note, you will not be contacted if you are confirmed. This is one of those times where if you're not contacted, it's a good thing. So please don't message me to ask. :)
and once for missing you
Lady Kerrington
&#26263;&#31661;

Postby Harimau » 08 Apr 2005, 00:44

Just a reminder, that all players should keep track of their gold the same way that they keep track of experience. Everytime you gain something, make an entry. Everytime you use it for something, make an entry.

If your spending is something you prefer to keep quiet, you should PM a GM about it. After that, you can just put in: "Expenses approved <GM>"

For example...

Bai Hu
Current Gold: 1200

March 201: +500 Starting Gold
March 201: -200 for a Leather Armour (+2 War) from the market.
April 201: +150 April Salary
May 201: - 100 Gold Loan to Feng Huang.
June 201: +500 Gold bonus from the kingdom.
July 201: +350 July Salary
Harimau
Perpetually Ignored

Postby SYL » 17 Apr 2005, 13:42

Because I've seen a lot of talk around this particular issue both in OOC chat and in the plots some people are writing, I believe it to be necessary to clarify one point of the rules.

Only rulers may take items from officers. This must be done officially and confirmed, for it is likely to cost you PR.

That means officers can't take an item after murdering another officer, nor can you run a plot to "steal" an item. It goes without saying that designing a plot to kill someone merely to get whatever items they may have is both metagaming and against the rules of fair play.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled programme.
Pre-Game Guest Star:

Guo Zhao (53) 84-69-73-36-60
Counter, Formation, Fusillade, Leader (e), Volley
SYL
Good one, sir!

Postby Xiahou Mao » 07 May 2005, 05:01

One new rule change that I want rulers to be aware of now. We've decided that free officers can be recruited from anywhere in the country, rather than just from within your own territory. Recruitment rolls will be made in order of proximity, so people near the officer in question will get first crack before those farther away. Keep this in mind, now that there's actually free officers to recruit!

And before anyone asks, no, you can't set up a plot to try to capture officers who are recruiting free officers in your territory. :P

One more reminder, too, since a couple of people apparently forgot. Don't change your KTs after the turn has closed. We're watching, and if we catch it happening we have no problems revoking rulership.
Xiahou Mao - True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Xiahou Mao
Don't Cross The Boss
Don't Cross The Boss

Postby Harimau » 11 May 2005, 09:23

I've been getting complaints about the conduct of things in IRC. Here's basically the thing: This is the only warning that's being issued. And yeah, this is part of the crackdown on there. I've already banned several people from IRC, more may still come.

The SimRTK IRC chat is part of the SimRTK community. That meaning, its covered under the rules. So, please, be nice. ;) Joking is fine, but that stops when people become genuinely offended.
Harimau
Perpetually Ignored

PreviousNext

Return to Headquarters